There are nine submission categories in the 2022 Awards program:
XCELLENCE in Operations
Recognizing organizations who have integrated unmanned and automated systems into real-world operations to improve safety, efficiency, and/or capabilities.
- Enterprise Application — Organizations with pilot programs or enterprise integrations which highlight the opportunity and potential for using unmanned systems in an industry or sector.
XCELLENCE in Technology
Recognizing organizations whose advancements in physical and digital technologies are supporting the expanding needs and growing demand from customer markets for unmanned and automated systems.
- Hardware & Systems Design — Unmanned or automated air, ground or maritime platforms or vehicles.
- Enabling Components & Peripherals — Sensors, processors, payloads, components or other physical subsystems that support or enhance the capabilities of an unmanned or automated platform.
- Software Design & Coding — Programming, interface, mobile app, data management and analysis tools, or other software-based solutions that support or enhance the capabilities of an unmanned or automated platform.
XCELLENCE in Innovation
- XCELLENCE in Innovation — Recognizing organizations whose innovation boldly advances unmanned and automated systems toward the next phase of capabilities and expanded operations.
XCELLENCE in Mission
Recognizing organizations and individuals who use unmanned and autonomous systems to save lives and improve the human condition. FREE to Enter!
- Humanitarian — Recognizing organizations and/or individuals who have made a significant impact using unmanned or autonomous systems to promote human welfare, provide relief and better the world.
- Public Safety — Recognizing public safety organizations and/or individuals who have made a significant impact using unmanned or autonomous systems technology as to save lives, protect our communities and improve the safety of our first responders.
Hall of Fame
As our community celebrates five decades of breakthroughs and novel operations, the Hall of Fame will establish an institution to honor the individuals and organizations in the AUVSI community who have had a lasting impact on the trajectory of our industry and society. FREE to Enter!
- Hall of Fame - Individual — Individuals selected for the Hall of Fame reflect the best and brightest of the AUVSI community. These are leaders who have had a fundamental impact on the trajectory of unmanned technology, policy, or education. To be selected for the Hall of Fame, honorees must be retired for a minimum of five years and should have contributed to the AUVSI community during their professional career.
- Hall of Fame - Technology — Technologies selected for the Hall of Fame include major engineering and scientific innovations that drive the progress of autonomous technology. To be selected for the Hall of Fame, technologies must have been in operation for a minimum of five years for either defense or commercial operations.