A list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the awards program is available for reference. If your question is not addressed, please contact Rachel Whitmire, the Awards Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.
Please be sure to read the Award Rules and Regulations.
- What is the submission deadline?
- What is the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards Program?
- Who can enter the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards?
- Do I have to be an AUVSI member or XPONENTIAL exhibitor to enter the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards?
- How do I enter the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards Program?
- Can I submit more than one entry?
- Is there an entry fee and why?
- Are the fees refundable if I decide to cancel/withdraw my entry or if I don't win?
- How can I make a payment?
- If I have any further questions regarding entering the Awards, who can I contact?
- Where do I find out more about AUVSI XPONENTIAL?
- How do I enter the AUVSI Awards?
- How will the information that I provide online be used and who will see it?
- What if my product has not launched yet and is embargoed until a certain date?
- What is the deadline for submissions?
- Will I be sent an acknowledgement and/or receipt for my entry?
- Who are the judges?
- When will the judging process begin?
- How does the judging process work? How are finalists and winners determined?
- Will finalists be announced—if so, when?
- When will the winners be announced?
- What do finalists and winners receive?
- When and where does the Awards Ceremony take place?
- Who can attend the ceremony?
- Are there separate tickets for the Awards Ceremony and where can I buy them?
The submission deadline is Friday, February 11, 2022 at 11:59pm ET.
In its fourth year, the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards honor organizations and individuals in the unmanned systems industry that demonstrate a commitment to advancing the technology, promoting safe adoption, and using unmanned systems to save lives and improve the human condition.
The AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards are given to recognize new, creative and innovative ways of using unmanned systems to make our world better, safer and more productive. This includes new products, solutions, technology, projects or other advances in unmanned systems technology and applications.
The AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards are divided into nine categories.
The AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards are open to any eligible organization or individual. Eligible individuals and organizations include professionals, businesses, nonprofits, schools, and government agencies involved in unmanned and autonomous systems. Being an AUVSI member or AUVSI XPONENTIAL exhibitor is not required. AUVSI members benefit from a lower entry fee.
No, the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards are open to all interested and eligible organizations and individuals. Eligible individuals and organizations include professionals, businesses, nonprofits, schools, and government agencies involved in unmanned and autonomous systems. Being an AUVSI member or AUVSI XPONENTIAL exhibitor is not required. AUVSI members benefit from a lower entry fee.
Entries for the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards must be entered online through the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards submission site. Only materials submitted through the application portal will be reviewed by the judges.
Entries must be submitted online via the Awards website, with payment by credit card, check or wire transfer payment of the appropriate fee. If submitting multiple entries or the same solution into several categories, each must have its own completed online entry and payment. The deadline for completed online entries is Friday, February 11, 2022. Payments by credit card must be made with the online submission by that date. Payments by check or wire transfer must be received by AUVSI not later than February 25, 2021.
Yes! There is no limit on the number of entries permitted. A company/individual can submit as many entries in as many categories as appropriate.
Not all categories require an entry fee. A full breakdown of fees is available on the Entry Fees page.
The entry fee helps offset the costs associated with the administration and processing of the large number of entries received. Fees also contribute towards the cost of the trophies, awards ceremonies at XPONENTIAL 2022 and promotion of the program and its participants.
Entry fees are non-refundable and must be submitted by the deadline date. Incomplete entries or those without payment (where one is required) will be disqualified.
Entry fees are non-refundable. Incomplete entries or those without payment by the dates specified will be disqualified. However, not all categories require an entry fee. A full breakdown of fees is available on the Entry Fees page.
You may pay online via credit card: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. If credit card payment is not possible, you may pay with a company check or wire transfer. Your submission is not considered complete until payment is received. Please note, once payment is received, your submission is considered final and cannot be changed. This includes any part of your submission including images uploaded and the content included.
You can contact the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards Administrator, Rachel Whitmire, with any questions you may have regarding the Awards. Email: email@example.com.
Please go to the official show website at www.XPONENTIAL.org to find out all about our keynotes, exhibits, programming and more!
Entries for the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards must be entered online through the Official Entry Site. Submit your entries here!
The information you provide in your online submission will be viewed online by a panel of judges who will determine the winners in each category through a private, online judging website.
If your product is embargoed, you may indicate that on the online submission form, as well as the date until which the product is embargoed. We ask our judges to honor all embargoes and not share any information publicly prior to the embargo being lifted, however, AUVSI cannot assume responsibility for the actions of our judges.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, February 11, 2021
Once your online submission is complete and payment has been submitted, you will arrive at a confirmation screen that will serve as your payment receipt. Please print that page to use as a receipt for expense reports or your files. Also, an email from the AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards system will be issued confirming your submission. If you submit multiple entries, a separate confirmation email will be generated for each submission.
Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges consisting of industry experts, analysts and members of the media. The judges will be appointed by AUVSI, in consultation with others as deemed appropriate.
Judging is scheduled to begin in late February and be completed by late March.
Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges consisting of industry experts, analysts and members of the media. The judges will be appointed by AUVSI, in consultation with others as deemed appropriate. Judging is scheduled to begin in February and be completed by March. The panel of judges will evaluate and score your submission, on a set of specific criteria, based solely on your online entry. Up to five top entries in each category will be named finalists in that category. Not all finalists will be winners. Finalists will be announced prior to XPONENTIAL 2022. Finalists with the highest qualifying scores will be the winners of that category. Winners for all categories will be determined prior to XPONENTIAL 2022 and will be announced during the event. Winners will also be announced through social media and through a press release that will be issued the day of the awards ceremony.
Finalists will be contacted, then announced via press release and social media. Winners will not be announced until the Awards Ceremony at AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2022. Finalists will receive an electronic promotional toolkit containing a press release template and an electronic file of the official finalist logo, which may be used in collateral materials, website, emails, etc. to promote the company’s, individual’s, product or service's finalist status. A list of the finalists will be posted to the AUVSI and XPONENTIAL websites.
Winners will be announced at one of two separate ceremonies during AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2022. Details will be announced at a later time.
- Finalists will be announced through a press release and social media
- The list of finalists will be posted to the AUVSI and XPONENTIAL websites
- Finalists will receive an electronic promotional toolkit including a press release template and electronic file of the “finalist” logo which may be used in collateral materials, website, emails etc. to promote finalist status.
- Winners will receive a prestigious trophy
- Winners will receive an electronic promotional toolkit including a press release template, ceremony photos and electronic file of the “winner’s” logo which may be used in collateral materials, website, emails etc. to promote winning status
- Winners will be announced through social media and through a press release that will be issued the day of the awards ceremony
- The list of winners will be posted to the XPONENTIAL and AUVSI websites
- Subject to sponsorships received, up to three highest-scoring entries for the Humanitarian and Public Safety Awards will receive a cash donation. This cash donation will be given to each winner, or to a charitable organization designated by the winner (subject to approval of the organization by AUVSI).
Winners will be announced on two separate occasions during AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2022.
The ceremony is open to all registered attendees of AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2022. Registration is required because you must have a badge to access the XPO Hall and Keynote session where the awards ceremonies will take place. Please visit the XPONENTIAL website for prices and to register. A pass to XPONENTIAL is NOT provided to finalists or winners.
Separate tickets are not required. The Awards Ceremony is open to all registered attendees of AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2022.